Okay… so I know we’re already about halfway through June, but hear me out… I’m a teacher and my school gets out way late, so I’ve been up to my eyeballs in grading and putting out fires (mostly metaphorical ones) for the last few weeks. I only just had the brain power and time to sit down and write about my May favorites, and I’m so sad that it’s so late, but I do love these items and I really think they’re worth sharing. Hope you can fill up your shopping cart with some wonderful goodies and forgive me!
Beauty + Style
- Tarte Tape Shape ($20) – I recently became super obsessed with Tarte Tape Shape. I was using another brand for a long time, and I loved it, but this concealer is above and beyond all of the concealer expectations. It stays all day, doesn’t crease or smudge, and really brightens and fully covers blemishes and dark circles. It seemed a bit pricey to me at first, but now that I have it, I don’t think I’ll ever use another concealer, and $20 is a small price to pay for this amazing coverage and staying power. For reference, my color is light sand.
- Glitter Eyeshadow Palette ($14) – I really wanted a high-pigment, wow-factor eyeshadow for Vegas when we went earlier this month, but I didn’t want to pay a fortune. Sparkles are way out of the norm for me, but since we were going to Vegas, I wanted to play my makeup up a little bit. After shopping around I fund this fun palette in colors that I really like (neutrals for the win!), and it was only $14! I wasn’t expecting a ton from such an inexpensive palette, but it held up all night without any fallout. I’m definitely looking for an excuse to wear it out again.
- Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen Face Lotion ($15) – I recently got my first Influenster (LINK) box and I was super excited to try out some skin care products. One of the products that I tried and immediately started wearing daily was the Bare Republic Mineral Face Lotion (LINK). I usually wear a daily moisturizer with SPF, but this stuff is amazing when I know I’m getting a little extra sun. This formula is incredible. It’s not greasy and absorbs right into my skin, making it so easy to layer my makeup on top. It’s so soft and lightweight, and it’s such a steal at around $15!
- Palazzo Pants ($16) – I bought these palazzo pants for Vegas too. I knew it was going to be hot and I wanted something cool and lightweight to wear during the day. I instantly fell in love with how comfy these pants are! I ended up wearing them TWICE on our 3-day trip (don’t judge). They come in 28 colors, so stock up!
- Cable Knit Cardigan ($33) – I’ve been wearing my pink cardi (LINK) for some time now, so I thought it was time to get another one. This cable-knit cardi is a little heavier and thicker than my pink one, but I’ve loved it during the oddly chilly May weather we had. It’s being put away for the summer, but I’ve already gotten so much wear out of this one this spring. The sweater is available in 17 colors.
- Glass Meal Prep Containers ($20) -My plastic food storage is always breaking down… they stain and make my food taste funny, I know they eek toxic junk into my food when I use them to reheat, and the lids are always going missing. I finally decided to start ditching the plastic and switch to glass. I thought the change was going to be expensive, but this storage set was super inexpensive. I use them to reheat my leftovers for lunch every day now. They’re sturdy, nontoxic, and I feel really good about ditching the plastic.
- Cordless Neck Massager ($30) – I saw that Chris’ sister just got one of these for Mother’s Day, and I wondered why I hadn’t bought one of these years ago! Between grading, writing, sleeping on the wrong mattress and pillows (an entirely separate issue), and just generally carrying stress in my shoulders, I always have a sore neck and shoulders. This massager is the best! It’s great for the price point, and it even has an option to turn a warmer off and on.
- Highland Bluff Studio ($9-$28) – Highland Bluff Studio’s candles have been favorites of mine for a while… I have a serious candle addiction, so you know when I say I love a brand, it’s a good one! Their fragrances have so much depth to them, and nothing smells artificial, overly sweet, or at all chemically. They use soy wax, which burns longer (guys, I know a thing or two about candles… one day I’ll tell you all about my first job at Yankee Candle Co.). I just became a summer rep for them, so OF COURSE they’re on my May Favorites list. My favorite fragrances right now are Buttery Brew (butter, cream, caramel, and vanilla notes) and We’re All Mad Here (almond and cherry notes). They carry more than just candles – check them out for room sprays, wax melts, and more. Make sure you use my code KARISSA10 at checkout to save!
I hope you enjoy this month’s favorites as I do!